The 'World Tournament' is a competitive PvP mode accessed by paying a fee of 100 Zeni per battle to the Application Centre NPC on the World Martial Arts Tournament island on Earth. Currently, there are only two supported modes: 1v1 and 2v2.
Matchmaking is handled via the use of the players Rank score displayed on all server leaderboards, with the Top 100 Players being displayed on the screen beside the Application Centre NPC. In 1v1, players will be matched with opponents that are the closest to their own Rank (within 25 points or less). In 2v2, players will have to join a team and wait for another player to join their team and/or wait for another team to be fully completed.
Earning Rank PointsEdit
Players can increase their Rank by beating other players in 1v1 Ranked matches (2v2 only rewards you with money). The amount earned per battle depends on the player's efficiency, remaining health, the distance between both of the players' ranks and how many times they have fought the same player today. Earning and losing Rank points is handled to a ratio of 1:1, meaning that if the player were to gain the maximum of 10 points from a battle, the opponent would lose 10 points (applies to 9:9, 8:8, etc).
- The first player to be defeated (either by the enemy, suicide or disconnection) will lose and will be docked of their Rank, no matter the reason.
- Speed is capped for all players at 150 points. This cannot be altered, even with the use of transformations or the Flying Nimbus.
- A three second 'grace period' is put in place once the match begins, preventing players from hurting each other and allowing them to fully transform.
- All variations of Senzu Beans and Senzu Jars cannot be used.
- Both ultra instinct and mastered ultra instinct are prohibited.
- If the player's level is above 100, their base stats will be brought down to level 100.
- This means that unprestiged Saiyans will always have 33 base stat points, Friezas, Namekians Humans and Majins will always have 50. This rule does not apply to androids.
- Allocated stat points are kept, so a level 200 will still have lower base stats than a level 700 of the same race.
- Regeneration tecniques can only be used once per battle, the same goes for healing with transformations.