The Tournament Of Power (commonly referred to as "TOP") is the fifth and, currently, the final map players can unlock. The player must be level 400 to participate in the Tournament. It can be attempted and repeated numerous times.
Accessing the Tournament of Power
To access the Tournament of Power, the player must fly up to Kami's Lookout, where Whis will be waiting in front of a row of 10 seats. If a player equal to or above Level 400 sits on one of these seats, a 30 second countdown will begin. Once the 30 second timer has expired, players who have recently sat on the seats and not died will be teleported to the Tournament of Power.
Arrival and Opponents
Once the player/s spawn into the map, every NPC will begin to fight another in the same groups of two (though they deal no damage to one another). NPCs will grow start to attack players if they or their opponent get close to a player while being damaged. NPC opponent groups are:
- Katopesla and Zarbuto
- Murisam and Android 17
- Caulifla and Brianne de Chateau (Ribrianne)
- Goku and Toppo
- Tien and The Preecho
- Android 18 and Damon
- Cocotte and Master Roshi
- Golden Frieza and Dyspo
- Vegeta and Cabba
- Gohan and Hit
- Vuon and Prum
- Murichim and Caway
- Maji Kayo and Kale
- Methiop and Napapa
- Roselle and Ganos
- Frost and Krillin
- Kahseral and Lavender
- Piccolo and Bergamo
- Shantza and Sorrel
Some NPCs are capable of regaining all their health and transforming into different forms (increasing their damage and health) once they get damaged enough. These characters include:
- Goku (transforms into Super Saiyan Blue upon reaching 50% health).
- Vegeta (transforms into Super Saiyan Blue upon reaching 50% health).
- Cabba (transforms into Super Saiyan 2 upon reaching 50% health).
- Caulifla (transforms into Super Saiyan upon reaching 50% health).
- Kale (transforms into Berserker Super Saiyan upon reaching 50% health).
- Kale and Caulifla (fuse into Kefla upon one of them reaching 25% health).
- Kefla (transforms into Super Saiyan 2 upon reaching 50% health).
Once all NPCs have been defeated, Jiren will spawn close to the center of the arena. Once defeated, the players are rewarded with 130,000,000 EXP and cause the pillar in the middle to sink, revealing Zeno. Interacting with Zeno will prompt the player with one of three wishes from the Super Dragon Balls. Upon making the wish, players are kicked from the game.
These wishes are:
- 100k Zeni: Brings the players total Zeni count to 100,000. It's highly recommended to choose this wish first, as it can help a lot to get transformations like Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken x 10 or Ultra Instinct. It also helps with getting every clothing item, every move, and will yield 1 million EXP if spent with Elder Kai.
- Prestige: Prestige allows you to start over with new transformations and you can keep 20% of your stats and other benefits. Click on the "Prestige" word above for more information.
- Remove Level Cap: Normally, the level max is 500, but with this wish, you can remove this level max, and go beyond level 500.
- Natural HP regeneration is disabled, meaning health can only be restored by transforming every 7 minutes or by using green Senzu Beans.
- Jiren has a high Ki Damage stat, meaning his Power Impact and Justice Flash are incredibly potent.
- Once a player dies, they are moved to the Spectator Stands and cannot use any moves other than basic melee attacks and Ki blasts.
- However, they still get the wish and EXP even if they die.
- Instant Transmission and Fusion Dance are disabled in the Tournament.
- The duration of Red, Yellow and Blue Senzu are affected by server connection i.e. lag (the worse a players connection is, the shorter the Senzu lasts) and has nothing to do with player numbers, so don't go killing everyone.
- After defeating Jiren, players will have two minutes to make their wish before being automatically booted from the server. This is to dissuade players from going AFK and letting everyone else fight.
- Some npc's will reach out to help other npc's in a fight for a connection or a sense of survival : Example Frieza/Frost/Hit teleports to players at critical condition to eliminate them.
- When attacking Krillin or Master Roshi, Universe 7 members such as Goku/Gohan/Piccolo will come help them fight against you.
- It became harder since Genocide Shell was nerfed, as it was useful to kill Jiren.
- There is a chance that when a player activates an npc that they will try to attack their pair npc and the player at the same time, making the npc fly all over the place and making it harder to kill them.
- Krillin is the only NPC with the ability to use Solar Flare, a blinding move that once used turns the screens of all players nearby to totally white, leaving the player vulnerable for attack.
- The Solar Flare cannot be bought and is only used by Krillin.
- Universe 7 team is the only one without missing fighters.
- Missing Fighters In The T.O.P include:
- Universe 2: Hermila, Sanka Ku (Kakunsa), Su Roas (Rozie), Jimeze, Vikal, Zirloin
- Universe 3: Narirama, Koitsukai, Viara, Panchia, Nigrisshi, Bollarator
- Universe 4: Monna, Shosa, Nink, Majora, Dercori, Gamisaras
- Universe 6: Dr. Rota, Botamo, Magetta, Saonel, Pirina
- Universe 9: Basil, Hop, Oregano, Hyssop, Comfrey, Chappil
- Universe 10: Lilibeu, Jirasen, Rubalt, Obuni, Zium, Jilcol
- Universe 11: Zoiray, Tupper, Kettol, Kunshi
- Differences between the Tournament of Power in the anime/manga and the one in the game include:
- In the anime/manga, Goku transforms into Ultra Instinct; Vegeta transforms into Super Saiyan Blue Evolution; Toppo transforms into God of Destruction Mode; Dyspo and Jiren can transform; and Ribrianne can transform into a more giant form with wings. However, in the game, none of the characters can transform into any of these forms.
- The arena in the game appears smaller than the arena in the anime/manga.
- Many of the fighters from the anime/manga are missing.
- Androids 17 and 18 never produced any aura in the anime/manga.
- In fact, they're not actually supposed to, because they're Androids, and Androids aren't technically alive, therefore they don't have the ability to possess any ki.
- Jiren never produced a white aura in the anime/manga.
- In the anime/manga, Kefla does use a beam similar to the beam she uses in the game, but it's colored differently, and it's not "Final Flash".
- Frieza has a halo over his head in the anime/manga. However, in the game, Frieza's halo is omitted.
- Tien's attire in the game is the one he wears in Dragon Ball Z, which is unlike the anime/manga.
- Bringing a full team is heavily recommended, for obvious reasons.
- It is possible to complete a Tournament of Power run in under 30 minutes with as few as 2 players, uf one player knows the red jar glitch and has over 1000 base form Melee Damage, and the other player keeps a careful eye on their HP, healing them with green jars as needed.
- The Red Jar glitch can also be used to one punch Jiren if done correctly. You simply need one player to be as close to Jiren as they can, have the other player do the Red Jar Glitch and get high melee, then strong punch Jiren and the other player at the same time (right click). If done correctly you can defeat Jiren in one punch. This may also kill the other player but not always.
- NPCs that transform won't do so while they are locked in a combo move (i.e. Spirit Bomb Sword).With enough coordenation, a team can constantly chain these NPCs in an endless sequence of these moves, killing them without having them transform (nor fuse in Kale's and Caulifla's case).
- With the use of the red jar glitch, this process can be severly sped up, to the point of 2 players being able to take down Vegeta or Goku in one coordenated attack.
- Deal with weaker enemies like Napapa and Paparoni first. Fighting stronger enemies in a crowd of weaker ones will result in them growing aggro on you eventually.
- If you didn't bring any green Senzu Beans or Jars with you, stick together with other people who do. Strength in numbers.
- You can still support your teammates even if you get knocked out. The radius of the Senzu Jars can reach outside the invisible barriers in some places, allowing you to provide them with health, or any other jar effect if close enough.
- Stay as far away from the top of the map as possible. The ceiling will begin to fling the player dramatically in all directions and can cause the player to be sent into the Spectator Stands.
- The ceiling can be used to freeze many NPCs however, and even prevents them from transforming.
- Don't fly into the sides of the map or the bottom at high speed, either. Some areas will send the player into the Spectator Stands if collided with.
- It is very possible for mean-spirited players to get you stuck in the Power Impact glitch. To counter this without resetting, have another player use Spirit Splash on you, then Backflip out of it.