Space, or Outer Space, is an unlockable area after reaching level 200 and interacting with the Spaceship outside of Capsule Corp on Earth. It is the second unlockable area and holds a smaller land size compared to Earth due to the majority of the map being empty space to travel through.
As the name suggests, the majority of the map is empty, deep space. Space objects and planets can be found, and the sun can be seen within the background.
In Space, players are given access to Saiyan pods (sometimes called space pods) that boost their Speed by 1,500 points.
Locations and Planets
- Planet Popol - A once-peaceful woody, forested ringed planet with mushroom houses and yellow water; now a meeting place of negotiation for rogue Namekians and Frieza Soldiers.
- Planet Yardrat - A rocky planet inhabited by Yardratians, and with hardly any urbanization.
- Planet Namek - An Earth-like planet inhabited by Namekians.
- Asteroids - As the name suggests, a large group of giant space rocks.
- Frieza's Ship - A large spaceship near the Asteroids.
- Planet Earth - An urbanized planet inhabited by Humans.
- Planet Alpha - A once-peaceful urbanized, Earth-like world; now a war zone invaded by Super Saiyans and Fermatians.
- Planet Tazba - An ethereal world inhabited by Kachukian tribes. Also one of the spawn points in the map.
- Beerus's Planet - A planet with four moons, and known for housing the 7th Universe's God of Destruction Beerus.
- Planet Eros - A ringed planet inhabited by Zentarians.
- Frieza Planet 981 - One of the planets ruled by Frieza, invaded by Gorgolians.
- Planet Potafeu - A desolate, industrialized planet raided by Oriodians. Also one of the spawn points in the map.
- New Planet Vegeta - A once-populated urbanized, Earth-like planet with two moons; now a desolate world in ruins.
- Planet Nemee - An Earth-like planet with beaches and freshwater oceans inhabited by Fishmanians.
- Planet Watrin - A distant icy, crystalline planet with an asteroid field surrounding it.
- Space pods adjust depending on the player's size.
- If a player is charging when they choose to get in a space pod they will keep charging while they are in the space pod, even if they transform they will keep charging and won't consume ki.
- Transforming into a transformation that increases size (e.g. Cooler Form) while in a space pod will also make it grow in size instantly.
- Space is the only map in the entire game that has a usable transportation, the Saiyan pods.
- It is also the only map where players can die from falling into a void.
- Space, in real life, would have zero gravity. However, the outer space in game does have gravity, and players can, in fact, die from free-falling in the Outskirts.
- Planets Popol, Tazba, and Eros are the only planets to have rings around them.
- Planet Watrin is the only planet in the map to have an asteroid field bordering it.
- It is also the only planet in the map to have an icy landscape.
- Space is the first map to have spawn points located somewhere in the Outskirts.
- Despite its real-life counterpart having a moon, Planet Earth doesn't have one.