The Dragon Balls are a set of collectible items that appear on both Earth and Namek. They can be collected by players and brought together to summon Shenron on Earth, whilst they only serve Quest significance on Namek.
Acquisition and Use
Once a public server holds 16 or more players, a Dragon Ball will spawn on that server in one of thirty pre-chosen locations. Only one Dragon Ball can spawn per server. This means that, as soon as a player collects it, the server they are on will not spawn another until it closes and reopens anew.
Main article: Shenron
To summon Shenron, a player must collect seven Dragon Balls. Once the seventh has been obtained, Shenron will spawn and will proceed to present the player with four wishes. Once one of the wishes has been confirmed, Shenron will leave and the player will have their wish granted. The Dragon Balls can only be used to make a wish once. The wishes include:
- Redo Stats - Returns all allocated Skill Points to the player (including points obtained via Namekian Fusion), allowing them to distribute them again. Note that the first two Skill Points granted at Level 1 are not returned to the player.
- Redo Character - Sends the player to the Character Creation Screen, allowing them to change their race, their body proportions and their starting clothes. Choosing this option does not revert the player to Level 1, remove Prestige or cause them to lose their previously purchased cosmetics and Moves.
- A player who changes race through the Redo Character wish will have their stats significantly decreased (excluding Saiyans).
- EXP - Grants the player 1,000,000 EXP.
- Zenni - Grants the player 50,000 Zeni.
Namekian Dragon Balls
The Namekian Dragon Balls are larger in comparison to Earth's Dragon Balls. However, their only purpose in the game are only to be needed to complete various One-Time Quests given out by several Quest Giver Namekians. Therefore, players cannot use the Namekian Dragon Balls to summon Porunga, Namek's Wish Dragon.
- If a player did not choose the Tail accessory during the initial character creation (or unequipped it after prestiging), the only way to reobtain it is by using the Dragon Balls to return to the Character Creator Screen and equipping it there, or resetting the character completely by talking to the redo character located in front of Goku’s house standing next to Chi Chi.
- There's a light on the front of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber building, where if it turns blue, there's no Dragon Ball; if it turns yellow, there is a Dragon Ball sitting somewhere, up for grabs.