A beam clash (sometimes referred to as beam struggle) occurs when two players fire a wave or beam of any type (chargeable or non-chargeable) at each other, causing the beams to collide with each other. (Currently, the beams do not actually collide, shown below.) In a beam clash, players can add power to their beam by pressing a random button shown on screen. If a player has more power during the clash, their attack will cancel the other one, and keep extending until it hits the other player, dealing extra damage.
- Beam clashes can be triggered between a player and an NPC
- Non-chargeable beams/quick beams can sometimes start a beam clash (e.g. God of Destruction's Anger versus Death Beam)
- Sometimes a beam clash will not happen even if both beams collide. Instead, the beams will cancel each other out (This is what happens with NPC’s instead of a beam clash).
- Sphere attacks, such as Supernova, cannot start a beam clash with other sphere attacks or beams
- If one player dies or leaves the game during a beam clash, the opposing player will continue to fire their beam at nothing, unless they reset.
- If Beam Scatter happens to clash with another beam, multiple beam clashes will be started at once.
- Sometimes, a beam clash can occur between a beam and the Energy Wave given off by certain transformations.