Androids are one of the 6 races available to the player once they start the game. This is currently the latest race implemented to the game. The player is able to fully customize this race upon beginning the game, allowing access to alteration of the players height, width, hair style and skin tone.
Androids are incredibly unique to all of the other races. They lack any sort of transformation (with the exception of Ultra Instinct and Mastered Ultra Instinct). They can receive boosts from Korin and Guru but can not fuse with Kami or Nail.
Alterations compared to other races
- Androids are incapable of charging Ki. Instead, their Ki quickly regenerates after a short while of not using it. Though, this will be disrupted by any use of Ki, including Ki drain from the Majin gamepass.
- Androids will not regenerate Ki if blocking.
- Androids are incapable of transforming. As compensation for this, they will gain an extra +1 to all statistics every level instead of every two or three. This results in Androids having the most powerful base form in the entire game, and the highest base power level.
- Androids have 50% less Ki capacity than other races (meaning if an Android had, for example, 400 Ki max, it would, in reality, be 200 Ki max).
- Instead of charging, pressing 'X' will have the Android avatar hold out both of its hands, and absorb whatever Ki attacks come to them (See below).
Instead of replenishing their Ki meter by holding X, Androids will instead activate a technique called Energy Absorption. For the duration of time the X key is held down, the Android will be able to do all of the following:
- They will take 0% Ki damage.
- If they are hit with a move that uses ki damage, they will first regenerate ki. Then when the Ki bar is full, they will start to gain health equal to the amount of Ki damage received, including melee moves that use the Ki stat to determine damage (Power Impact, Double Launcher, etc).
- Moves that will not regenerate Ki or Health include HBTC Goku's Warp Kamehameha.
- They will be "guard-broken" (though not removed from Energy Absorption) once hit with a basic melee attack or any other melee based move.
- They will be unable to auto regenerate Ki while Energy Absorption is active.
- Can block any auto-combo move.
- Health and Ki will not be restored whilst absorbing in Ranked Matches or the Multiplayer Battle Arena. This was not actually planned by the developer(s).
- Sometimes, an Android would suddenly not be able to absorb, regenerate Ki, or block. The cause of this bug is unknown.
- Androids are the only race to gain +1 to all stats every level resulting in them having the strongest base stats of any race. ~1.7x other races.
- Androids only have two non-gamepass transformations, which are Ultra Instinct "Omen", and Mastered Ultra Instinct. This would make the race possess the least amount of transformations.
- Due to the lack of transformations, Androids will always remain in base form and receive the full reward for defeating NPCs by proxy.
- An unprestiged level 500 Android's base stats would be a combined maximum of 3,994 points. Combined with Ultra Instinct, its only available form, would raise the total to 6,494 points.
- If an Android fuses with a player of another race, the Fusion can't charge or regenerate Ki due to the form's drain, and Energy Absorption doesn't work. The only way to regain Ki is for the non-android player to gain control and charge.
- If an Android player uses Babidi's Magic, they won't be unable to regenerate Ki, until the Majin gamepass is turned off.
- Androids benefit the most from red jars/beans, due to them multiplying the player's base damage stats (melee damage and Ki damage) which Androids have the highest of.
- Androids also benefit the most from Prestige due to Androids having the highest base stat, meaning they pass down more stats than other races.
- Many non-Android players have a grudge towards the Androids, deeming them "overpowered" or simply “annoying”.
- "Hybrids" are no longer obtainable (getting a high level Android, then using the Dragon Balls to become a Saiyan and keeping the base stats while being able to transform).
- The way an Android poses to activate Energy Absorption might've been based off on Android 19's way of absorbing ki.
- Though in the anime, Androids are able to obscure their Ki, Androids in the game have no option to do so, their Ki being the largest untransformed, which is how they'll always be with the exception of Ultra Instinct. In fact, in base, Androids have the largest Ki all of the time.